At YLC Victoria we organise and host fundraising events to raise money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund and participate in community programs helping to raise awareness of type 1 diabetes.
We are an inclusive, energetic and committed group of young professionals looking for motivated individuals to join our committee.
Our existing committee members come from a variety of backgrounds ranging from medical research students to web developers and human resources professionals. Many of us have type 1 diabetes ourselves or have a personal connection to the disease but, regardless of our backgrounds we ultimately share the same goals - to raise awareness and funds for type 1 diabetes.
As a committee member you will:
• attend monthly meetings - held on a Wednesday night for 1 hour in the CBD
• contribute to the planning and running of fundraising events
• attend and participate in YLC’s activities
• participate in Board discussions, decisions and actions
• contribute information, ideas and strategies for future directions
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as part of a highly motivated team and support JDRF in raising awareness of type 1 diabetes and funds towards a cure.
If interested please send an email to email@example.com, telling us a little bit about yourself and why you would like to become involved.